News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotty9

Quote from: col on October 17, 2011, 11:02:12 PM
cheers Alex, i was having the discussion with Brian, we were using big wind resistant  stimulators, and getting twist, so were talking about stepping up to 4x, would even help with  bigger fish . i'll get a spool for next season.

Col, it's worth getting a slightly stiffer material too. With stroft, even stepping up an X rating or two you still end up with a bit of twist, a lot in some cases. I had major issues with this using humpy style flies and sometimes even the deer hair wulff. Rio powerflex seemed better for the larger flies.

Clan Chief

Tied a couple of these tonight... My interpretation of a Clyde Sand Fly from Bert's wee red book.....

Black-Don

Clan Chief

scotty9

Clan Chief

Last night I was mostly tying wrapping floss roond hooks and varnishing them  :)

bushy palmer

The plan is to have my first go for grayling next week so I've been tying some "buggy things"

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

bibio1

Defo killers. I was oot the day and grayling were on what I would call black pheasant tail with a silver rib and the pink shrimp.

Cheers

Paul

Buanán

All this talk of spiders I thought I'd post a few of my dodgy tying's, don't really have many of the correct materials at the moment so have improvised, splitting silk yarn etc.

3 black spiders and a red (or not so red) and three flies I tie for sea trout. All a bit scrappy really, any pointers most welcome  :?  

Meant to add sizes, spiders on B170 14 and the others, 10s (1 x B175 and 2 x low water singles).

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page