News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part-time

Very nice Col - the troot don't stand a chance :D Also given me a timely kick in the arse to get tying before the season starts :)

Daz - I just got back into tying a couple of seasons back so can't really comment on your klink other than it's better than the ones I've done and it will definitely catch fish

John

Highlander

" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Black-Don

V.Nice Brian, what's the nylon at the eye for ?

scotty9

Cracked the vise out for the first time in a while today, it wasn't pleasant but I'm pretty pleased with the small army of nymphs that got tied. I'm liking the buggy profile of this guy:

Rowan

posted these on a ferox thread but noone commented
a first effort giant trolling tube flies
not tried them yet but am convinced a nice fly will outfish a hard bodied plug if it has a wigglefin action disc at the head of it

Wildfisher

Traditionalist

Black-Don

That's very similar to a pattern I tie. Red wire works well !

Rowan

cheers guys thanks for those suggestions I may use those washers in my next effort, in conjunction with a wigglefin:

http://www.wigglefin.com/tube_flies_rigging.html

shad

Hi Rowan

I know very little about trolling for ferox but Im pretty sure your best bet for movement with a wiggle fin would be an articulated streamer.Yanks use them a lot for big trout, Ive had Lake Trout and Steelhead on them in Michigan, great movement and good hook up rate.

Id be trying something like this in Brownie or Char colours without the mono weedgaurd-

Flies of head of articulated wool

Go To Front Page