News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

guess who's coming to dinner?  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Guddler

Dave - I really, really hope that works because it looks BRILLIANT!

corsican dave

Quote from: Guddler on June 18, 2013, 11:54:34 PM

cheers! put it to the test tomorrow.... :wink:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Quote from: Guddler on June 18, 2013, 11:54:34 PM

it did..... :8) i'll put up a report

Wildfisher

After getting some telephone tuition from Corsican Dave I'm about set for a first go at salt water fly fishing.

Just knocked these up, all size 2 heavy and nasty looking Mustad hooks and different weights. They only take minutes to tie so no big deal when I lose them   :8)

[attachimg=1]

Otter Spotter

Not too shabby for a first attempt! Definitely get a fish on those.
I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

corsican dave

perfect, Fred!  :D less is definitely more with clousers. use plenty of head cement (i use a good dab of thick ca glue during the wrapping) as those flies take a hell of a battering on the rocks and the eyes work loose. now we just need some mackerel in casting range! :8)

Wildfisher

Dave, I sealed all the heads with "hard as nails" so hopefully that will improve the durability. Those types of flies are dead easy to tie, lots of room to work. 

By the way it was a pleasure talking to you  the other night. I can't think of any other busy forum where there is such friendship camaraderie and mutual respect.   :D

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]

Foam Daddy size 12

Wildfisher

Or the improved tying?

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page