News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Thanks Fred, will get some (on payday  :o)

Rabmax

Just finished tying up a few of my favourate patterns for tomorrow.Hopefully the water will have run off enough for hanging lighter nymphs below my CDC & Elk cripple.They were hard to see against the peat stained water last time i used then.Treated with Silicone Oil & let dry overnight should float well too.

Buggy but effective where i fish.They like them buggy. :D.Cheers All

sewin007

I havnt fished river wets for yonks, hoping to head up to the tay this week and going to give this a swim.[attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

Some nice flies guys. Fred aerowing is quality stuff and you do get loads of flies out a card.
Haunt tried the elk hair cripple yet will have to rectify that. Is that wing post material in the wing?

Wildfisher

Scott, that's medium dun Aero wing in the wing.  :D

scoobyscott

sorry Fred that was meant for Rabs cripple elk n cdc.

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]

The Naomi Night Vision    :lol:

Trouble with most of these foam patterns is they float low in the water. This I am sure makes them more attractive to the fish but makes them difficult to see in poor light. I was on the river the other night which is very low and the fish were in the very fast water far up the runs and pools. It was next to impossible  to see the fly most of the time and although I did get a few fish I missed a whole lot more.

This is an attempt to make the fly more visible. It will still sit low in the water, but doubling up the foam should keep more of the ship above the waterline and help support the  slightly longer  and thicker post. The post is yellow which I have found to be a good colour for poor or low light.

Fly design / evolution in action! IMO this should always be done based on what has happened when fishing and the experience is still fresh in your mind,  not at the vice on a cold winter's night.   :lol:

[attachimg=2]
Swimming

Clan Chief

Picked up a bird from the A8 today took her home at lunch time stripped her and knocked up a wee spider from her  :lol:
The Junction 6 Spider.

Rabmax

Nice looking beetle pattern there Fred.How do you find that one is for landing the correct way up.When i tied them fairly similar mine would sometimes land upside down.Probably my duff casting though. :lol:There wasn't many flies on the water & a beetle was my best producer yesterday too.
That's if mine actually counts as a beetle (not sure)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I have just figured out how to make my pictures bigger.Haven't used Imageshack for years.Cheers All. :D

Clan Chief

Go To Front Page