News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

stick it on at Loch Lee they will eat anything.

Wildfisher

Quote from: hopper on January 17, 2014, 05:39:31 PM
stick it on at Loch Lee they will eat anything.

Come the club outing to Loch Lee in May I'll remind you that you said  that Eric.  :lol:

Wildfisher

Just to calm Highlander's heart rate after my last fly - I tied a few of these today.  :lol:

Still one of the best ever loch wet flies imo.  The Blue Zulu. This one has a glo-brite 4  tail.

[attachimg=1]

brown troot

Wildfisher

Here's one that has caught me fish on The Don during March Brown hatches. A simple clipped underneath - dirty poly style dry / emerger. No name, but I guess it should have one, let's call it The Horace Broon, or perhaps the Grandpa Broon.  Size 12.

[attachimg=1]

brown troot

That's a cracker Fred my type of fly

Lochan_load

Like that Fred, I do a wet fly very similar, really nicely tied too ;) got my first jc cape so I knocked this up

Lochan_load

Like that Fred, I do a wet fly very similar, really nicely tied too ;) got my first jc cape so I knocked this up

brown troot

Really nice fly and well tied. I tie a fly like the one you have posted but with balinderry black body and Balinderry black body hackle. The wild troot love it. A will try and work out how to put a pitcher up lol

Lochan_load

Does it look anything like this? Put this up before I had the jc, no body hackle tho

Go To Front Page