News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brown troot

Another wing wet fly
[attachimg=1]

lochgarryfisher

Dabbling with dabblers.[attachimg=1]

bibio1

I think i'll ditch the hairwing version

Clan Chief

bushy palmer

Nice one Paul. I'm terrible at constructing wings and so avoid them for the most part but I do like looking at well tied winged wets.

Wildfisher

Back in the days of boyhood innocence I believed I only needed two or three flies....... This was one of them

[attachimg=1]

A black spider with a silver wire rib. It probably has a name, in fact it probably has lots of names. While I no longer believe it's all I need, it is certainly still a fly that's hard to beat for simplicity and fish catching.

sewin007

Wet fly tying time again.

Wildfisher

And this was another seldom off the cast back then

[attachimg=1]
Greenwells Spider

Fishtales

Quote from: admin on January 28, 2014, 12:34:43 PM
Back in the days of boyhood innocence I believed I only needed two or three flies....... This was one of them

[attachimg=1]

A black spider with a silver wire rib. It probably has a name, in fact it probably has lots of names. While I no longer believe it's all I need, it is certainly still a fly that's hard to beat for simplicity and fish catching.

William's Favourite I think?

One of my beginners start off flies. By adding one new material to each fly you end up with a new fly.

Black Spider ---- black silk and hackle

William's Favourite ---  black silk, hackle, silver rib

Black Pennel ----- black silk, hackle, golden pheasant tippets, silver rib

Blae and Black ---- black silk, hackle, golden pheasant tippets, silver rib, starling slips for wing

Four different flies and the beginner has learnt the basics of fly tying :)
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Lochan_load

And they'll have a pretty decent cast to boot! All the flies posted today are looking crackin, when I get back to the vice tomorrow night I'll be attempting some pike flies for the first time, should be interesting swapping my usual size 10's,12's and 14's for a 3/0!!

Go To Front Page