News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Kenster197 on February 01, 2014, 11:52:34 PM
[attachimg=1]

Tied a few Kates this evening - there getting better  :D
As has been said, that is without doubt a fish catcher, for someone who has recently started that is bloomin good flee!
I have just been watching D.Macphails' detached deer hair daddy video, quite an easy tie....
Love the colour/detail at the end of the body done with a lighter.

bushy palmer

Kenster197

Quote from: lochgarryfisher on February 02, 2014, 12:42:52 PM
I have just been watching D.Macphails' detached deer hair daddy video, quite an easy tie....

I found some of his videos yesterday and out of all the different instructor videos I've had a mooch at, his were probably the easiest (for me at least) to follow.
Crackin' Daddy there, maybe 12 months away for me :)

Lochan_load

That daddy is stunning, I'll need to look out that video, what's the body done with?

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 02, 2014, 01:08:25 PM
That daddy is stunning, I'll need to look out that video, what's the body done with?

Tying a (Detached Bodied) S_HedgeHog Daddy by Davie McPhail is the title Lochan, it really is v easy, first one i did was spot on, no practice needed.
It it a 3mm strip of tan coloured foam 1/16" thick put on a needle and then tied, just check the video, me explaininmg it will make it more complicated than it is, dead easy honest.
So nice to be thinking about daddy fishing when it is so grotty outside!
Mark.

lochgarryfisher

Re tying the body on the needle, one tip i would add is to wax the needle first to make it easier to come off.

Lochan_load

Makes me think of a wee bay I like fishing, shirt sleeves and fish rising round the weeds, bliss!! Roll on summer

Wildfisher

Blow Fly / Blue Bottle

[attachimg=1]

brown troot

Cracker Fred really like this one  :D. Been tying up some flys like this myself mate but need to get better hackles as I've been using saddle hackles and don't look right on them.can you suggest a cheap cape ? to tie small dry flys up.

Andy

Wildfisher

That fly is not really very small Andy. It's on a size 12 Fulling Mill Super Grub hook. As far as very small hackles go I'm not sure. I have a black Whiting  neck and a black Keough cape. Both have a range of sizes. Again, for the above fly, the hackle size was not critical as I was clipping it underneath anyway.

Go To Front Page