News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Suki1312

Every day is a school day

Wildfisher

The Klink really should have had a longer barbed hackle than that then I could have left the post a bit longer but it will be OK for lochs.

Robbie

Lochan_load

First try at the knotted mallard legs, not the strongest but look good

Harpo

Quote from: admin on February 05, 2014, 07:30:33 PM
Klinkhamer Special LT size 12. This is a big fly. Klinks should be big.   :D

Ollie Edwards says that Trout and Grayling must see them as a 'right juicy steak'  :D

Lochan_load

A wee hopper, got some wild boar bristles tonight ( cheers lochgarry ;) knotted them up and don't think I'll go back to anything else, flare out nicely at the knot and really tough

bibio1

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 05, 2014, 10:18:15 PM
First try at the knotted mallard legs, not the strongest but look good

I like that slot. What camera do you use?

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 05, 2014, 10:53:09 PM
A wee hopper, got some wild boar bristles tonight ( cheers lochgarry ;) knotted them up and don't think I'll go back to anything else, flare out nicely at the knot and really tough

Those legs are pretty bullet proof and so easy to knot, think boar has a good affinity with deer hair, was thinking of those legs on a deer hair daddy or something similar.
I am interested to see what you come up with using the tail fibres.

Lochan_load

I was thinking the same thing, would look great on the daddy roobarb posted last week, this picture doesn't really do them justice the bristles really split and give a nice effect at the end, deer hair is pinned and salted, looking forward to trying it out  :)

Bibio I use the camera in my iPhone 5 with my tying lamp to light it. When I finish tying a fly I just snap it where it is, take the picture from about 6-8" away and then crop it in the editor

Go To Front Page