News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lochgarryfisher

Well it's taken me nearly all afternoon to do one half decent sedgehog.
[attachimg=1]
Was thinking of the Loch Ordie colours, all the deer hair has come from one bit of hide so quite chuffed with that, only problem is the deer hair is still a bit wet, salty and full of dead ticks and the house now stinks, good job there is no woman in my life to complain, although... perhaps that is why there is no woman in my life!

Wildfisher

Quill CDC Klinkhamer

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Couple of nice flies there and yes mark, the deer hair is stinking!!
Attempted a klink here Fred but could do with advice, at which point do you wind the hackle, before you build the thorax or after? How do you tie it down etc? This one might work but not totally convinced and a bit untidy

Wildfisher

There are a lot of methods Andy. As usual Davie McPhail's method takes a bit of beating. That's the one I'd recommend.

Tying the Klinkhamer Special with Davie McPhail.

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 06, 2014, 06:43:57 PM

Attempted a klink here Fred but could do with advice, at which point do you wind the hackle, before you build the thorax or after? How do you tie it down etc? This one might work but not totally convinced and a bit untidy

I had my suspicions you were a perfectionist Lochan, and that has just confirmed it! Untidy? Bloomin heck, i would be v proud of that one!

Lochan_load

I'll have a look at that Fred, meanwhile back in my comfort zone....

Cinnamon dabbler

Hill loch gold

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 06, 2014, 07:32:12 PM
I'll have a look at that Fred, meanwhile back in my comfort zone....

Cinnamon dabbler

Cracker.

You sure tie a braw flea lochan  :D

Lochan_load

Quote from: admin on February 06, 2014, 07:03:29 PM
There are a lot of methods Andy. As usual Davie McPhail's method takes a bit of beating. That's the one I'd recommend.

Tying the Klinkhamer Special with Davie McPhail.

Cheers Fred watched the vid and I think I get it now! Had been trying to work out the logistics of tying it for ages, a quick watch of that and bingo! Cheers for pointing me in the right direction, bed time so I'll give it a bash tomorrow

Lochan_load

Nice Andy, definite catcher. What's the butt?

After a bit if tutoring from mcphail (cheers Fred)  I've done this klink, tried these a few times and never really got anywhere, pretty pleased with this one

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page