News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brown troot

That's a cracker Fred really like that,what is the rib ?

Wildfisher

Fine pearly Mylar Andy. I have not cracked tying these yet, that one is a bit scruffy and bulky.

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Squigster on February 09, 2014, 05:22:02 PM
Got fed up tying pink bugs, so I thought i'd give Sparkle Duns a go - Still doesn't feel right tying dries as the wind and the rain batters off my window

Hello Squigster,
never seen deer hair like that, how do you do it?  Is it a couple of turns of thread round the hair like a parachute post, i would of thought it would flare out more?
Am guessing the idea is the hair floats keeping it suspended like an emerger?
Once i have put the axle back on the car i will be trying one of these and Freds' foam beetle, belter!

brown troot

Cheers Fred, nothing wrong with them They look good and sure the troot will love them

scoobyscott

Fred scruffy is good that looks a great terrestrial pattern for those slow summer days that seem a million miles away just now

Robbie

Quote from: admin on February 09, 2014, 10:31:59 PM
Nice flies there guys. Robbie, the fish-eye view of that parachute is interesting.  :D

It's quite interesting it see how much darker the thorax is when wet. The fish-eye view really shows the effect of clipping hackles as well.

lochgarryfisher

Got some new materials, Funky Fibre and Neer Hair, great products, customer service not so good, no reply from 3 emails but stuff eventually arrived after 10 days.
Fly took just a few minutes to tie but takes a good 20 minutes of clipping.  Moves beautifully in the bath, very fishy looking.  The material sheds all its water with just a little shake so hoping it should cast nicely.
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Belters mate, was the stuff expensive?

lochgarryfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 11, 2014, 11:37:33 AM
Belters mate, was the stuff expensive?
Each "hank" is about £3, i bought 5 colours to start with but as with all these things have just gone and ordered another 10 colours so not cheap.
I saw their youtube clip when i was trying to tie deer hair muddlers a week or so ago, they call them "Funky Muddlers".
Am gonna try tieing some on small wet fly hooks.
Colours in the picture don't do it justice, think i may need to invest in a fly tying light as i am restricted to day time tieing at the minute.

Lochan_load

Might buy a couple and try it out. Tying light makes a big difference, got one at Christmas and even use it during the day, good for taking pictures as well

Go To Front Page