News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

I agree . I have learned so much from DMcP and have had the pleasure of meeting him a few times.  :)

Wildfisher

His easy going manner is a delight. I always chuckle when he uses his catch phrase - every video - at least once he tells you  'jist take yer time'   :D

Clan Chief

Aye! he has a few catchphrases  :) Well worth having in yer box!

Highlander

No doubt about it the DMc Phail U Tube videos are very good. What I like about him is his versatility. So often we see supposedly good tyers that are in fact one hit wonders & by that I mean they are good at what they do but give them something out their comfort zone & they can struggle just like the rest of us. I know I do but I can master it eventually but with not having tried before a certain technique takes a wee bit of time to overcome in my opinion. The knack in my opinion is knowing what looks right, if you realise that you are half way there.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

Mayfly

[attachimg=1]

loch coulter

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]
Upside Down Dirty Poly Dun

haresear

Your flies are disgustingly tidy Fred :)

The USDPD is a cracker. Did you tie and twist or tie it as it is?

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

Tied as it is Alex, flexifloss body.

I put the post on first which was a big mistake as it just got in the way when tying in the tail and body. Next one I'll put the post on after the tail and body. Although it looks tricky, it's actually  dead easy to tie this fly. The post is dun Arero Wing a material I am getting to love even although it is  expensive. The curved grub hook makes the curved abdomen sit quite naturally. 

hopper

You are clearly a man with too much time on his hands Fred, looking at the quality and the quantity that you are producing at the moment, take pity on the hard working members of the forum and throw us your seconds. :lol:

Go To Front Page