News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

The same USDPD tied on a straight size 14 hook. Does not look as nice, but floats better and won't spin so readily when cast.

[attachimg=1]

Billy

Stunning flies Fred.

I always liked the look of these and may give them a go myself. I may need to get myself a new box with compartments to hold them though.

Billy

Wildfisher

Quote from: Billy on February 15, 2014, 10:00:10 PM
I may need to get myself a new box with compartments to hold them though.

You will need that Billy.I have gone back to compartments for all my dry flies as even slit foam boxes were screwing them up if they were left in  for any length of time. This is worse in high humidity. These USD flies will definitely need to be kept un-squashed!

haresear

Quote from: admin on February 15, 2014, 11:16:26 PM
You will need that Billy.I have gone back to compartments for all my dry flies as even slit foam boxes were screwing them up if they were left in  for any length of time. This is worse in high humidity. These USD flies will definitely need to be kept un-squashed!

Very true. I bought two expensive C&F slit foam jobs, but my "go to" flies are in a cheap Leeda (I think) multi compartmented box.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Tyro

Check out the Caimore website. They do a C&F lookalike compartmentalised box for a third of the price of the real thing. Very pleased with mine.

Len

Bobfly

What is good for  "loose"  fly boxes and keeps things in check is the magnetic sheets that are used by some vehicle sign makers. These seem to have a magnetic side and a "plain" one and can be cut with scissors. If you put the magnetic side upmost you can line the inside of boxes and your flees will not shoot off on the breeze when you open the box. I have some bits at the base of my vice to hold hooks and stuff.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

CDC May Fly

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

My first go with the deer hair I got from lochgarry, really nice wirey feel to it, think it'll work Great for elk hair caddis type patterns, first off tho a muddler

bibio1

Tip that's a great fly. Just the right amount of deer hair as well.

Lochan_load

Putting your hackles to work Fred, cheers

Go To Front Page