News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergie

Quote from: Lochan_load on February 24, 2014, 12:58:02 AM
Some dying I did tonight turned purple instead of claret but thought I would do a muddler with the bits and pieces I dyed before I give them another dip

I don't know much about fly's but that is a absolute cracker.

Lochan_load

Cheers fergie, here's a streamer along the same lines

fergie

Very nice ill bet that would bring a whumper up just as its getting dark.

Lochan_load

That's kind of what I had in mind fergie, not caught too many bigger trout so hoping this on a sinking line at dusk might do the trick!
Andy I'll pack a few if I ever get over, it's on my wish list!

bushy palmer

Some leggie beasties from me today
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]

Lochan_load

First time trying out my new funky fibre, harder than I thought!
Mark I tried following the polish quills video but ended up winging it, was pretty bulky so I just attacked it with the scissors 😮 the fibre took it well tho

lochgarryfisher

You got some lovely colour in there Lochan, what is the crimson round the throat, it's not FF is it, looks sparkly?
To start with i was reticent about attacking them with the scissors like i was with muddler heads, rather just giving them a light trim but yep, the more you cut the better sometimes.
Have been playing with mine in the bath   :roll:  the more you cut them back the more realistic you can make them but they do loose some mobility, doing some yesterday with longer tails and lots of epoxy round the head so on the retrieve they do the sink & draw thing and the tail has loads of movement.  i never realised how heavy epoxy is.
Tied so many this last week am off to town soon to have to buy more fly boxes, weather grotty again today so am gonna try and do a version of Bushy Palmers' leggy beasties, don't have any of that leg material so thinking knotted boar instead.

Wildfisher

The standard of fly tying here on our excellent forum really is quite remarkable.

Lochan_load

The red is some sort of red flashabou, I tied In a wee bit in between the funky and it showed up like that when I trimmed it down. Gonna do longer tail next time for movement and experiment with some silver through it and different flashes, like everything else I've got loads of ideas and bugger all time!
Want to try the rubber legs but I'm sure the boar will do the business, love that stuff! Bushys ones look deadly

Wildfisher

One of Malcolm's killer salmon flies - The Endrick Bug

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page