News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buanán

Quote from: admin on February 26, 2014, 12:45:43 PM
One of Malcolm's killer salmon flies - The Endrick Bug

[attachimg=1]

Going to have to beef up the gear to swim that fellow, Malcolm style Fred, dust off the #7 and see if you can't bend it round it's self on a hefty red fellow   :lol:

Wildfisher

my #8 weight single handed will do the trick   :8)

Clan Chief

i hadnt tied this style for a while so just for fun.......

lochgarryfisher

Playing with my new batch of various dyed dead animals, maybe a bit garish for the trout but I like 'em
Trying to copy a pic of a "Stone Goat Muddler".
Colours in the pic dont do them justice, think i need a fly tying light.
[attachimg=1]

sewin007

[attachimg=1]
Decided to get back to the vice after seeing some cracking fly,s in this post. Was going to tye some ldo,s but the rain thundering against the window has changed my mind, nymphs it is.

haresear

Sewin007, that looks like it works as a March Brown nymph. Was that the intention?

Alex
Protect the edge.

sewin007

Would like to say yes..but to be honest i like tying with quill bodies and bug bond, buggy looking with some movement generally does it for me, with a nice balance in the use of materials and colours.

haresear

Quote from: sewin007 on March 01, 2014, 11:31:29 PM
Would like to say yes..but to be honest i like tying with quill bodies and bug bond, buggy looking with some movement generally does it for me, with a nice balance in the use of materials and colours.

So it's more of a general suggestive pattern than a specific imitation? Very nice in any case.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Lochan_load

Like that, looks deadly, like the tail and the wee leggy bits, what are they?

sewin007

Alex, i dont have the skill, time or inclination to tye anything other than suggestive,  as long as the fly gets to the right depth quickly and it looks buggy, then we are half way there!
Stuart

Go To Front Page