News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

On a small reservoir in a gale casting up to the dam wall, was a true last resort, it was the only decent sized fly I had with me and thought it was worth a throw, got 2 pretty quickly and called it a day, freezing!
The whisker is for a pal who stockie bashes at swanswater etc, I'm doing him a few lures as a thank you for a load of tying gear he gave me. The black and claret is for a wee hill loch that I've seen some good fish moving in and never managed to hit, I'm going up armed with an intermediate and some bigger flies! Been thinking about it all winter so it better bloody work!! 

Wildfisher

As the great Ayrshire poacher Rab Burnsbrig once wrote :  "A flee's a flee fur awe that."     :lol:

bibio1

i have caught lots of wild brownies using white and black cats. some of them have been good fish. as a bob fly in the autum its rarely off my cast on a blustery day.

Wildfisher

Adams - original dressing.

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Really nice, like the tippet tail

Wildfisher

Andy,  I hadn't realized that was the correct tail material from the original pattern until I saw that video by the grandson of the guy who first tied the fly.

Lochan_load

Looks good and makes sense, most traditional wets use tippet so why not dries, I'll have a go at that, if I can get time!

Wildfisher

A Cervidae free Yellow Humpy

[attachimg=1]

The Humpy is a great fly for fast water, pretty much unsinkable however the Elk / Deer hair back lasts for two fish if you are lucky. This makes the fly useless in my book. This is an attempt to tie a more robust  fly by replacing all grazing animal parts in the materials list.

Darwin

Quote from: admin on March 30, 2014, 06:09:07 PM
A Cervidae free Yellow Humpy

[attachimg=1]

The Humpy is a great fly for fast water, pretty much unsinkable however the Elk / Deer hair back lasts for two fish if you are lucky. This makes the fly useless in my book. This is an attempt to tie a more robust  fly by replacing all grazing animal parts in the materials list.
Fred I agree with the concept, nice idea and nicely done!   I am awful with deer hair and I have done a few caddis patterns using synthetic materials in the past.  Unsinkable and easy to handle.  :)

River Chatter

Haven't posted on this great thread for quite a while, so here's some flies I tied up for the current season.  They're tied for fishing mind, not showing!

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

[attachimg=6]

[attachimg=7]

[attachimg=8]

[attachimg=9]

[attachimg=10]

[attachimg=11]

[attachimg=12]