News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

Looks good, sure it will be taken for a number of insects. I tied OEs MB nymph and a couple of leggy hares lugs. Im slowly getting better at the stone clingers :o

Lochan_load

Tied these to try on my new intermediate, for when three flies loch style ain't cutting the mustard!

Lochan_load

Looks good Andy, not used them yet but when I was tying them I kept the bristles parallel to the hook and I used a wider gape (b160 maybe?)  I see you've left a fair bit of the shank clear which will help, dont see it being a problem but will be fun finding out! :)

Lochan_load

Ha ha yeah we live In hope! If those fat fish from last week are anything to go by i think they would prob swallow the lot!
The intermediate is just to give me another option, spend a lot of time thinking that I'm flogging a dead horse with a floating line, makes sense to try and get down amongst them, not gone for a hi-d line yet!

River Chatter

Been preparing for another bonefish stravaig in June.  Here's some of my efforts, together with a wide shot showing just how many more I've got to do for this box alone.  The photo quality's a bit ropey, but I used my aging iPhone for convenience while the notion to post still gripped me.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

:)

Highlander

Very good John, first class. Nae Permit flies?   :lol:
My God you have an untidy desk, surprised you can find anything on it   :roll:

Tight Lines & enjoy the trip.jammy biscuit.
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wildfisher

The way the fly hatches have been going this year I may yet tie up a few of those John's specials for the trout.  :D

River Chatter

Quote from: Highlander on May 06, 2014, 08:52:54 PM
Very good John, first class. Nae Permit flies?   :lol:
My God you have an untidy desk, surprised you can find anything on it   :roll:

Tight Lines & enjoy the trip.jammy biscuit.

The permit flies will be next, once the bonefish box is populated.  Having said that, for permit it's mostly crabs and I have quite a few left from last time.  Crabs are a pain to tie, so I'll maybe just do a few.  As for the untidiness it's a fair cop gov'na, although all the materials you see lying around - furs on the right and legs on the left - are the materials currently in use for the Simrams, Peterson's Shrimps and Crazy Charlie type flies I'm making at the moment.  I owe a big thanks to my fishing buddy Brian for giving me a couple of his beautifully tied flies as samples, which has made me up my game a bit in terms of the tidiness of the actual flies.  So it's not all bad!  :)

davidmartintenor

Hi there, I've just joined the forum. I'm really liking the whole setup. Congrats to all.
I've just tied this one among a whole lot of others in preparation for Lough Corrib at the end of May.

River Chatter

That should do nicely in a bit of a wave - bushy!  :)

Go To Front Page