News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

Quote from: Lochan_load on May 30, 2014, 02:39:03 PM
Replenishing my wet flies a wee bit today, this is one that's been working well so far on the tail, usually tie with a gold butt but thought the blue stood out better against the gold b175, not a perfect tie but I like the pattern
cracking fly, i am green wi envy!

Lochan_load

Cheers for the comments folks, love this orange/blue combination now. Andy I don't know if you've tried it yet but that wee sedgehog I sent you up in the winter got it's first outing the other day and it was cracking, this is the flies I fished the other day (slightly tweaked) took fish on all of them but the sedgehog out fished the other 2 3:1. If you haven't already tried it get it in your bob, works best sitting high in the water

Lochan_load

And a wee variant, took out the palmer and added in the wing to make it more point flyish!

Clan Chief

Tied these size 12 balloon caddis for use at the local.

Lochan_load

Like that, how do you from the 'bubble'?

Clan Chief

First tie in the foam forward of the eye then do all the other work then fold the foam back secure with whip finish then trim the waste piece of foam  :D

Harpo

Quote from: Lochan_load on May 31, 2014, 01:04:19 PM
Like that, how do you from the 'bubble'?

This a good SBS for th balloon caddis
Using the right foam is the key or they sink :roll:

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=6522.msg58101

Put legs on it to make a madam X / beetle thing

http://www.wildfisher.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10475.0

Harpo

Quote from: Roobarb on May 31, 2014, 06:14:43 PM
I'm turning into Alan :shock:

Have you got a golf buggy and fertiliser sacks on your legs  :D

Lochan_load

Quote from: Roobarb on May 31, 2014, 06:14:43 PM
Funnily enough it picked up a nice fish just this morning :D
In fact I started using it about two weeks ago and I am now in full sedgehog mode. I have even been fishing a single sedgehog on occasions, I'm turning into Alan :shock:

Andy

I'm glad your getting use out of it, I like the idea of my flies fishing in uist even if I can't!! Had a cracking day on some of the rannoch lochans the other day but working right through til Friday before I can get back out again  :x

Lochan_load

Aberdeen Angus

Go To Front Page