News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

nice flees. uv been busy

cheers

paul

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]

Naomi modelling a little gold sequined number  :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on June 08, 2014, 03:20:04 PM

Naomi modelling a little gold sequined number  :lol:
Fred, that's got big everything written all over it! :8)
here's my mkII monster:[attachimg=1]
got the head much better this time. just a matter of taking your time and trimming as you go
i'm still working on my "fluffy kitten" fly, especially for Alan..... :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

[attachimg=1]

Foam Head Popper

corsican dave

loving that, Fred! and i know some alien mates of mine who would, too... in case anyone's interested, john norris at penrith still have ad swier pike fly hooks at half price: http://www.johnnorris.co.uk/?template=search&search_term=ad+swier  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

I didn't spend too much time getting it tidy Dave. One or two aliens and it will be wrecked, so not much point.  I'm sure it will be an absolute pig to cast.  :lol:

corsican dave

i think that's the joy of it, Fred. just indulge yourself and have a laugh  :D and if (when) you hook up, it's a result! although i hesitate to give anyone casting tips on here, let alone your good self, try a 3-4' leader of 25lb (0.50mm) nylon, a 8-12" wire tippet and slow your cast right down, even the haul. i regularly forget this and think i've lost whatever touch i might have had; until a tired arm and frustratingly dumped casts force me to remember. or go home and sulk..... :lol:

corsican dave

how about a new fly pattern? came up with this idea during the day and have just spent the last couple of hours working out a prototype: [attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4]

the "detached" tail probably won't survive the first attack, although it is constructed around 25lb nylon. for obvious reasons i'm thinking of calling it the "water dragon", although i'm happy to take suggestions from the floor.... (like "bin it you moron!" :lol:)

rannoch raider

What about the 'ten legged frog' Dave? :lol: Whatever you decide to call it, you can bet it will catch pike Plenty of movement, plenty of presence and it'll 'push' the water. I reckon it's a winner! It'll be interesting to find out how you get on with it.

Otter Spotter

I used to be a surrealist but now I'm just fish.

Go To Front Page