News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Finally got round to tying some useful patterns for next year.

Brown palmer which is my best loch pattern. Peter Ross which is great in a buzzer hatch and a fiery Brown flee.

All size 16.

scoobyscott

Currently filling the other side of my nymph box [attachimg=1]

Rabmax

Everyone seems to be tying these squirmy wormies including me.What did you use Scoobyscott one of those puffer toys.

scoobyscott

Here's my squirmy source a quid from 'the range' and literally dozens of worms worth. Have you had any joy with yours mine just catch trees 😳 I've had 2 nibbles on them but that's it.[attachimg=1]

Rabmax

I bought a couple from" the range" .They never had many different toys in kilmarnock & i would like to find some with longer tentacles.I have been using the fishing shop bought squirmy wormy stuff.I wont get to use them until the trout season starts.I have a suspicion that pink & chartreuse & white will work on the rivers i fish.Cheers

Lochan_load

Promised  my uncle some flees for his Xmas to use on his annual trip to Harris, he likes a muddler so here's a starter, simple gold body, amber marabou wing, brown hackle and muddled! Spend as much time trimming as you do tying!
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And one in claret, I've mixed seals fur and uv for te body and teased it well out, this one looks like a bit of a dogs dinner but it's meant to, honest  :D
[attachimg=1]

Rabmax

Quote from: scoobyscott on December 07, 2014, 11:20:35 PM
Currently filling the other side of my nymph box [attachimg=1]
If i remember correctly you fish the River Avon Lanarkshire.I always found they loved a green weenie on the Avon.
http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/25800-pink-weenie-recipe.html
Pink green & white weenies work good in Ayrshire but on the Avon they prefer chartreuse.I will fish them in spring & summer especially effective on a runn-off water.I tie them on jig hooks,red thread,chartreuse ultra chenille,make a big red or hot orange thead hot-spot behind the bead & varnish.If you have any chenille give them a wee try.Cheers

scoobyscott

No I fish the tweed and Midlothian esk mostly. Thanks for the suggestions though will give them a bash. Where is it you fish yourself?

Lochan_load

My best fly for rannoch moor by a mile but never had much luck with it elsewhere  :shock:  but the bandies up there love it! Cow dung sedgehog
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page