News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Do you  wind the cdc as a hackle?

Wildfisher

Haven't tried that Rab, but I will  :D

Wildfisher

Quote from: bibio1 on January 05, 2015, 10:23:36 PM

That's what I do. Tie it in at the tip.

Rabmax

Quote from: bibio1 on January 05, 2015, 10:23:36 PM
I sometimes wind like a hackle or split the thread & spin the cdc then wind.That one is split thread & spun.I have a few tied with a white hackle instead of the cdc.I find a white hackle shows up well in off coloured water.Cheers

Wildfisher

Rab, I sometimes use white CDC

bibio1

I'll try some March Brown nymphs with cdc. Looks good.

scoobyscott

A few 'bombs' for getting down. These are great for the tweed to get flies down in strong currents, tied with different sized tungsten shell backs
[attachimg=1]

Rabmax

Quote from: admin on January 05, 2015, 10:35:33 PM
Rab, I sometimes use white CDC
I will need to buy some next time.I think cookshill sells white Cdc.I think it's the movement & ability to trap air that makes it a good fish catcher.Just look at how effective a Cdc & Elk is.I have always found it to be effective on my nymph patterns too.Cheers All

Wildfisher

I buy bulk packs of both grey and white CDC from Cookshill. You get about 400 plumes for 9 quid or so. Lasts for years and the quality is good. Oddly enough I just ordered some more grey stuff, it should be here tomorrow. Folk tend to think of CDC as being for dry flies - it is also very good for wets & nymphs.

Rabmax

His orange & olive is very good too been using it for years.It's nice big feathers is the white big feathers Fred.I like the bigger feathers for spinning for my wets & nymphs.Cheers

Go To Front Page