News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

I've just started adding CDC to a few nymphs recently, will be interesting to see if I notice much difference. Do you guys notice a marked improvement?

Rabmax

I think they are especially effective if they are fished just below the surface.Although i find they work well with bead head patterns too.Cheers

scoobyscott

Productive session tonight, 14/16s
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

First in a while, soldier palmer with a white rib, first time I've used it but think it'll show up well I the water, probably better than silver/gold
[attachimg=1]

bibio1

That looks great. Very well tied and will show up in the water well.

I'm going through a hog phase. These look claret but they are fiery Brown over fluorescent orange dyed seals fur, which comes out a funny claret.  Strange.

bibio1

Decided to finish off with a March Brown nymphs with a bit of sparkle and cdc inspiration from these pages. Cdc is light and I double back the pheasant tail cover to create a big head.

Lochan_load

Very nice particularly like the hog, I've still to get to doing mine for the season. Tonight I've been lining up my soldiers!
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Like them all but the soldier muddler really shouts out to me. I use a similar beast and while it catches a few fish , it is really good at bringing fish up and getting their attention. This often results in a slash, positive take or a splashy 'slap' at the fly but very often results in a take of the middle dropper..... as long as it's the correct middle dropper !!!! ;-)

scoobyscott

Got some new materials last night, really like this nymph skin
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3]

Wildfisher

Tied a few of these in case the water is high   :8)

[attachimg=1]

WoolZilla

Go To Front Page