News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

Ordered some jig backs and they arrived today so knocked these up
[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Those look great. Certain killers.  :8)

rannoch raider

They look great. Are they woven or are they  latex bodies and pen jobs ?  Either way they look like they will do the damage.

scoobyscott

Thanks guys it's virtual nymph skin and markers. Really like the effect with them and easy to use. They have jig backs on them too. Ordered late on Sunday from joel@ tungsten beads and they were waiting for me when I got in today. Would definitely recommend

Squigster

Been tying loads of these recently, three sizes beaded and unbeaded.

Tweed

Some lovely flies gents - particularly like that DHE Lochan-load.  Started off my pre-season tying tonight with some early-season corks.  Unfortunately, the 3rd bottle of Black Isle Blonde seems to have affected my detail vision, just as I was getting going.  Ahh well, that's enough for one evening anyway (flees I mean; I'm sure I'll manage another beer!)

Andy

[attachimg=1]

JimJams

Got a couple tied up in the last hour, hackles a bit big perhaps! Still new to this!

Wildfisher

They will catch fish, don't worry!. Getting the hackle barb length "right"  takes practice but probably means more to us than it does to the fish. Keep it up, you are getting along just fine  :D

Wildfisher

A cicada swarm for New Zealand

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

some cracking dries on this page, I like the leggy foam types but I've yet to tie any, and Jim jams your flies are looking good, doing the right thing and keeping it simple and like Fred says they'll definately take fish  :D

Go To Front Page