News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

After buying some fish spines the other day I decided to have a bash. These are much trickier than I thought and it doesn't seem to have as much movement as I first anticipated. Hopefully my next efforts better 😳 [attachimg=1]
This is for Sunday and was meant to be a small brown it's about 3" long. If the trout are a bit hungrier I knocked this up to at 6-7" . Quite pleased how this turned out
[attachimg=2]

Craigie17

I was congratulating myself on making some big beefy flies to tempt some meat eaters - then I saw some of these monsters! Anyway, my zoo cougar...

SoldierPmr

Quite some streamers there guys I got last years biggest fish on a Zonker 2nd day of the season.

Rabmax

Tying a few Utah killer bugs for sunday.It's the only pattern i am running low on.

So simple yet so deadly especially at this time of year.Cheers All

corsican dave

Quote from: Craigie17 on March 13, 2015, 07:39:38 PM
I was congratulating myself on making some big beefy flies to tempt some meat eaters - then I saw some of these monsters! Anyway, my zoo cougar...
I've had Pollack, pike and salmon on a zoo cougar. cracking fly and amazing movement with that horizontal wing :8) still no lunker trout tho'  :roll: maybe scourie this year if I scale one down a bit. I don't think a 1/0 hook is allowed!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

I'll be doing a few 'big uns' soon but usually do mine on tubes now, intruder style. Like having the treble right at the back.  For now a double that would probably pass for lily savages ear ring but I fancy it for dusk
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Nice, but I don't recognise the pattern ? Front hackle, French Partridge dyed lemon ?

Lochan_load

I made the pattern up mate, French fancy is probably quite a fitting name!
Pattern:

Butt: globrite no.4
Body rear: gold holographic
Rear wing: (tied in halfway) red arctic fox
Body front: globrite no.4
Wing: orange arctic fox
Hackle: silver pheasant wing cover died sunburst

The silver pheasant came out of a bag of stuff a mate of mine gave me with tying stuff from the seventies, it also included things like skunk, woodpecker and condor! The silver pheasant is roughly the same size as French partridge (I'll attach photo) I chucked in a few loose when I was dying some stuff sunburst and you're right came out lemon, I dyed a load of stuff and it all comes out different, some good, some bad  :roll:
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

A flamethrower type thing, a struggle to keep the head small on these, loads of materials at the front end  :?
[attachimg=1]

claytonmcnie

finally managed to take some photos of a few wets. new camera, and macro lens. sometimes the quality is ok others not. Have tied plenty but don't know when they will see water.

Go To Front Page