News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Those are beautifully tied flies. Winged wets are not the easiest flies to get right.

claytonmcnie

Fred the hard part is i like to tie different patterns as have lots of the standards, but i have a pretty poor imagination

Wildfisher

Early season dry size 14. No name, 3 minute tie, hi viz post, thread body, no varnish, no bullshit, catches fish.  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

claytonmcnie

Quote from: Roobarb on March 18, 2015, 10:35:08 AM

They are works of art, some of the best looking winged wets I've seen. It would be a real shame not to give them a swim soon.

It might be worth playing about with the white balance on the camera to get better colours, set it to tungsten if photographing them under a lightbulb even if you are using the camera flash as well.

Andy
Thanks appreciate that and will try what you said with the camera, as I said only starting with the photographs not even loaded the disc yet.
Some of the flies are drab colours

bibio1

Those wets look great.

Keep them coming.

Cheers

Paul

claytonmcnie

Quote from: admin on March 18, 2015, 09:49:35 AM
Early season dry size 14. No name, 3 minute tie, hi viz post, thread body, no varnish, no bullshit, catches fish.  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

Looks spot on, what type of hooks are these, need to wait till home to get anything. What size do you down to

Wildfisher

Fulling Mill 35025 Grab Gape. I seldom go smaller than a 16, but now and then, in high summer, I'll fish down to 20 or 22

Wildfisher

Quote from: Roobarb on March 18, 2015, 10:35:08 AM
They are works of art, some of the best looking winged wets I've seen.

They are probably the best tied flies ever posted on here.

east wind

Quote from: admin on March 19, 2015, 08:12:34 AM
They are probably the best tied flies ever posted on here.

I agree, up there with anything I've set eyes on
Listen son, said the man with the gun
There's room for you inside.

Lochan_load

Yip totally, paired wings are the hardest thing to master imo, never managed to do it well, tips welcome  :8)

Go To Front Page