News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoldierPmr

It's not pretty but it should work on Sunday  :) [attachimg=1]

claytonmcnie

Quote from: Roobarb on March 19, 2015, 06:58:09 PM
Don't bother!

Use the best quality feathers and use the pinch and loop method. Pull the thread down tight very smoothly.
Narrow wings are easier, a single fibre can't fold up :lol:

Really we need Clayton to do us a step by step :wink:

Andy

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 19, 2015, 06:44:49 PM
Yip totally, paired wings are the hardest thing to master imo, never managed to do it well, tips welcome  :8)

Guys
Watched for a year or two what you all tie and they are excellent,
You have said it exactly, good feathers, narrower slips is very important as for a long time I ,like many used too broad a slip.
The advantage I have at tying I do it almost every day as here there is no fishing except in the dirty gulf. I get fishing maybe 4-5 times a year when home, so I would rather be a bit rougher at tying and better at fishing.
Will do step by step for sure but bear with me as we had major fire and evac last night, like whole tower block engulfed in acrid smoke from main incoming power lines and junction boxes, so will have no electric for a few weeks but main thing was no casualties

claytonmcnie

It does not matter how pretty the flees are, if they're no in the water they will catch nothing, and some rough and battered flees have caught some lovely fish

Wildfisher

Killer bug style nymphs in various weights. Real technical tying this lot.  :D

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

I can confirm  the big stockies on The Lunan love these killer bugs  especially the ones with the pink bead....................................................    :lol:

bibio1

Pink for grayling has been a revelation for me. Brownies like that colour too. I am going to give the pink zulu a go this year.

Wildfisher

Quote from: bibio1 on March 21, 2015, 05:57:29 PM
I am going to give the pink zulu a go this year.

Pink glo-brite tail. I'm sure that would work well.

Lochan_load

Glo brite butt and a hint of pink underwing on this one! Tied for tomorrow, going for a cast on the leven, 10mins walk from my house and I fish it about once a year  :roll:
[attachimg=1]

loch coulter

Quote from: Lochan_load on March 22, 2015, 07:26:04 PM
Glo brite butt and a hint of pink underwing on this one! Tied for tomorrow, going for a cast on the leven, 10mins walk from my house and I fish it about once a year  :roll:
[attachimg=1]
nice fly, good luck on the Leven :8)

Rabmax

Quote from: bibio1 on March 21, 2015, 05:57:29 PM
Pink for grayling has been a revelation for me. Brownies like that colour too. I am going to give the pink zulu a go this year.
Not sure if a pink zulu is a still water fly or not.But i discovered years back when fishing for grayling that trout love pink.I will often add a pink glo-brite tag at the rear of my favorite patterns.A ptn with a UV Pink Ice dubbed thorax works very well for me too.I used to find that grayling preferred hot orange over pink where i fished for them.Give silver beads a try if you have some.Silver works very well for me even in very low river levels.Doesn't seem to spook them on the three rivers i fish.Cheers  :D

Go To Front Page