News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Thanks Fred......they did well last year for a very jammy weegie friend. Let's hope the troots like them in uist.

Wildfisher

I'd be tempted to tie  a sedge-hoggy thing with a lot of long,  fine silicone-rubber legs.  These would add a lot of movement to  the fly when pulled and even impart movement when virtually static. I know they make a big difference to, for example, woolly buggers. Bob Wyatt ties them like that and Bob is not  a proponent of fancy fly tying for tying sake.   The last 3 or 4 years of using a variety of self tied / modified patterns  have convinced me that legs can be the difference between success and failure. But the legs must be long and flexible, short and stubby is pointless.

A fly cannot have too many legs!   :lol:

Lochan_load

Those bumbles are lovely, really nice and the sedgehogs are very like ones that do well for me on the rannoch lochs.
I've tied a sedgehog with rubber legs before but don't think I've fished it, they're great on streamer/cormorant type patterns though, really bring them to life,

Billy

:crap
Quote from: bibio1 on September 06, 2015, 08:49:43 PM
Thanks Fred......they did well last year for a very jammy weegie friend. Let's hope the troots like them in uist.

That wee jammy wedgie must be getting on in years. Is he still managing to get about.  :roll:

Billy

bibio1

He is and we'll just need to look after him a wee bit better with each passing year. No doubt we'll be told his age by Tuesday night. Anyway, he can still cook a breakfast so he has his uses.

Wildfisher

Quote from: bibio1 on September 07, 2015, 12:40:15 PM
He is and we'll just need to look after him a wee bit better with each passing year.

He's still raiding unattended fly boxes then?    :lol:

Billy

I'll bring a wee tartan blanket to put over his knees.
Wee soul.

Billy

bibio1

Quote from: admin on September 07, 2015, 01:08:28 PM
He's still raiding unattended fly boxes then?    :lol:

Hes better than the pink panther.

Wildfisher

A Leg-hog

[attachimg=1]

Another fly I will never use.  :lol:

Lochan_load

Go To Front Page