News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

I like that.....a lot.
Looks like a September fly.

Lochan_load

Cheers, yeah it's got that look about it. Reckon you would see it any wave!
Trying to get my eye back in so I've finished off with a 1" brass tube... Same materials
[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

scoobyscott

There stunning lochan, if there all that calibre I won't get bored looking at them

corsican dave

back to the usual old shite. this one's just shy of 11"
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Ooft ! They wont miss that one Dave ! I've never seen a fly that length. I reckon it would be the biz for the salt as well as the 'aliens' ?

Wildfisher

To revert, just for a moment,  to the language of my east Angus  childhood - that fly, Dave,  is a raker!   :D

bibio1

Quote from: corsican dave on November 22, 2015, 06:07:33 PM
back to the usual old shite. this one's just shy of 11"
[attachimg=1]

You catch gannets with that.

corsican dave

cheers folks! (I think.... :lol:) for some reason I couldn't really get the colours to show correctly; the belly is a beige/tan and the back is a dark green/blue. so yes, Jim I absolutely thought both mackerel pattern & juvenile pike. stainless hook, so suitable for salt and fresh. I added a touch of red pen to the throat after this and it really brought it out. these are very easy to tie, btw. there's just a couple of pointers that make the difference; firstly, pulling out a few strands of the fibres to produce a taper (magically that produces a taper at the other end, too. obvious when you think about it.... :roll:), and then the 40:60 ratio when you tie it in. tie in 40% of the length first, then the remaining 60% goes back over the top. a bit pernickety? yep, maybe so but it makes the difference. (only in looks: the aliens won't give a 4X  :8))

corsican dave

a couple of bleak patterns on a #4

Go To Front Page