News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

nice!  :D

whilst your waiting for the rivers to settle:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

I like that one Dave, very nice. I'm waiting on an order of different coloured Zonker strips being delivered. I've previously tied simple black Bunny Leech type bass patterns in the Davie McPhail style with the body being made from 'palmered' strips. It doesn't look much until you get it in the water then the volume and movement kicks in !
I imagine the Barred strips would look great palmered. I've got some with fluo Chartreuse with black bars planned ! Get your sunglasses on  :shock:

corsican dave

excellent, Jim! I was just thinking if I could get a bright emerald green, barred of course, then combine it with an orange body..... loving these simple patterns, too  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Quote from: rannoch raider on December 02, 2015, 08:04:43 PM
I imagine the Barred strips would look great palmered. I've got some with fluo Chartreuse with black bars planned ! Get your sunglasses on  :shock:
I just ordered up some mahi green  :wink:

rannoch raider

Got the notion to get the tying going again because I can't afford Pike flies ! :shock:

Never done this type of fly' on this scale before........ Meet Erchie Perchie and Ron the Roach

[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

Query to Scoobyscott  ..... I like those CDC nymphs a lot !  :D :D
What hook are they on? Is it the Fulling Mill Grab Gape ?
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

rannoch raider

Fluo Yellow monster Bunny. :shock:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

corsican dave

nice one Jim!  :D
just a thought; which way does it ride, hook up or down? just looking at those eyes on the top of the shank. the only reason I mention this is that co-incidentally I was doing something very similar last night and had blissfully whipped on the dumbbell and the body when I realised i'd put the eyes on the top of the shank. doh... :roll: I solved it by rotating the vice 180 degrees before dressing the zonker.... i'll post it up when I get in this afternoon

rannoch raider

The eyes on this one are the lead dumbbell type Dave. It will fish deep with the eyes down and hook point up. However, it is fairly symmetrical with the palmered body and an all round centipede leg collar so not much difference in presentation other than in the tail area which is pretty mobile in any case. I suppose I tend to fish lures with a heavier head / eyes in a sink and draw style so it'll probably be moving on a fairly irregular up and down vertical path most of the time.
I'll typically use lead eyes, bead chain and coloured plastic beads to get the beastie to different depths. Lighter plastic or bead chain eyes will swim up on heavy wide gape hooks and will allow a much slower retrieve in mid water so worthwhile in shallower waters.
I've just taken delivery of a rotary vice this very morning so I might be tempted to be a bit fussier with these things now that it'll be easier to position them. :wink:

Go To Front Page