News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on January 03, 2016, 04:43:10 PM
Does that std version have the correct number of fibers in the tail?  :D
guess I should'a gone to the hardware store, huh? :roll:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Another embryonic modern classic.   Leaded to swim point up, flexifloss tails, peacock chenille fritz body, brown hen hackle.  I can almost hear the reel (and the traditionalists) screaming.

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

There's a certain something about that last one that says 'eat me' . I reckon that would fool a lot of Scottish fish. I can see that anchoring a wet fly cast from the boat or bank. Rubber seems to be the new wonder material.

Wildfisher

And another for the carp

[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: rannoch raider on January 04, 2016, 02:29:19 PM
There's a certain something about that last one that says 'eat me' . I reckon that would fool a lot of Scottish fish.

I'm sure it would, after all most loch flies are lures. I am old enough to remember the time when muddlers were considered beyond the pale by some. I prefer modern fly designs - for example post wings and not split wins on dries - because I find they are more durable and easier to maintain in good nick when fishing.  Less time faffing about, more time fishing.

Lochan_load

I like that flexi tailed one too and sure the fish will! Jim, those swst flies are really nice, love the colours...and Dave your months only one diversifying, I'm heading out for pike for a few hours today, mostly be spinning but got a nice wee stretch where I want to give this a swim [attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Ps size 2 was the biggest hook I had! And there's some lead under the black dubbing

corsican dave

should do the trick Andy! hope you get a monster; they're out there!  :D

rannoch raider

First crack at the Pattengrisen..........

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

Go To Front Page