News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimJams

Very nice fly! Would never had said that was a size 8!

Clan Chief

The B160 is a medium short shank hook!

troutmaddave

Quote from: rannoch raider on January 06, 2016, 11:59:41 PM
Very nice Dave, Don't see many tied in these styles nowadays. Keep them for your hat  and throw a stoats tail at the fish! :wink:
I tie these to fish! They will all get a swim very soon. I use a 13' hardy split cane rod and a vintage G-Loomis 910 reel. This winter I been trying to get up to speed with these old flies. I'll post more when I get a chance.

troutmaddave

This one is the Culdrain[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

They are beautiful Dave. I couldn't bring myself to fish a fly as nice as that! Imagine how bad you'd feel catching it up a tree or something  :shock:

JimJams

I love the low wing, any fly i tie i dread catching in a tree, i've seen me overhanging water hanging onto branches trying to retrieve the bloody things!

Wildfisher

troutmaddave

Thanks guys. Glad to show them off. I just get a roll of an eye at home!! The girls just look at each other slightly side ways ,  "yesssss dad, they are lovely!!"
I'm just wondering where I can get some natural red (brown) schleppen?

corsican dave

Quote from: troutmaddave on January 07, 2016, 01:09:09 AM
This one is the Culdrain
now then; that's a pattern with potential! I can see something toothy latching onto that  :lol:
all beautifully tied Dave  :8) thanks for sharing them. makes me feel a bit embarrassed about the featherwings I sent out as crimbo presents tho... :roll:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

Quote from: rannoch raider on January 06, 2016, 09:45:05 PM
There's a sort of 'Mad Max' meets roadkill about that last one Fred. :lol:
proper flea then. guaranteed to catch!  :8)

Quote from: troutmaddave on January 07, 2016, 01:02:04 AM
I tie these to fish! They will all get a swim very soon. .
precisely. good work fella!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page