News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Another interesting Baltic Sea Trout shrimp I'll be trying on Scottish fish this year.  :shock:

Bornholm Shrimp........

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

This is another shrimp pattern that goes by the name of 'Brenda'. The traditional tying is with the copper bead and three seperate hackles as shown. I haven't come across another with a weighted bead head.
I think she's also got a bright future minus her bead and tied in a smaller size as a palmered loch style fly for browns.  :wink:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

Brenda in her 'Loch Style' duds...........

[attachimg=1]

troutmaddave

What do you mean by a split wing? Is it similar to a rolled wing like the Clyde style?

Wildfisher

This is what i mean Dave, two separated  slips

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

No I gave up that style of  fly  30 years ago. They do look nice though.  :lol:

Lochan_load

Definately not one of Fred's.....that'd be well over the 2 minute limit!

Wildfisher

Quote from: Lochan_load on January 12, 2016, 11:48:07 AM
Definately not one of Fred's.....that'd be well over the 2 minute limit!

You are learning fast ............................  :lol:

corsican dave

I know i'm a philistine, but at 40p a pop i'll let someone else tie those. like using them tho', especially in a flat calm when i'm eating my sandwiches  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Same goes for just about all flies  Dave, if I can buy it I will. I don't  tie  flies I can buy for 40p either.  I like to concentrate my tying on stuff I can't buy or have bought and am not happy with  - that might include standard lures that I modify to my own spec.  I also prefer proper barbless hooks so that would be another reason to tie my own.

Alex and I both buy from the US from time to time where the range and choice is much wider.

Go To Front Page