News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

I don't want to detract from dave's beautifully tied classics, so i'm going to start another thread with what I tied tonight. purists should resist the temptation to peek  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

nice tie btw Jim! I caught the last pike on something almost identical to that
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on January 12, 2016, 10:47:35 PM
I don't want to detract from dave's beautifully tied classics, so i'm going to start another thread with what I tied tonight. purists should resist the temptation to peek  :8)

Thanks for the warning Dave, this must be an extreme case.  :lol:

troutmaddave

Quote from: rannoch raider on January 12, 2016, 08:48:59 PM
Great wee fly for the rivers Dave. Saved the day for me on the Lyon last year when things were quite difficult. Nicely put together. I take it the abbreviated body means that it's tied in the 'Clyde style' ?
No not really the Clyde style, just like to keep spider bodies nice and short. I'll post some dries tomorrow evening after I get home and stuff my face with some grub.

rannoch raider

Hey Roobarb, Better close your eyes  :lol:

A couple of Five inch Roach streamers.........

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

corsican dave

corsican dave

Quote from: Roobarb on January 13, 2016, 10:40:14 AM
I'm away from home at the moment and I can't even remember if I've still got them but I'll have a look when I get back.
When I say rough and coarse - I think I used embroidery thread for tying silk on some of them :worried

Andy
I use molnlycke goliath thread for some of the really big stuff...  :wink:

Lochan_load

Funny you say about flying trebles on your pike flies quite often use an intruder style tube fly. Salmon/steelhead pattern, although just with a single hook, means it's much further back in the pattern. Caught plenty pike on them but never the intended target of a big brown  :roll:

rannoch raider

Olive and Copper Perch. Five inches long on a 2/0 Sakuma Manta extra..........

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page