News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Thanks gents. The postie arrived with some materials I've been waiting on this afternoon so here's the mark 2 version. It's only got one additional material in the dressing but it really brightens the pattern up. Saying that, it may be a good option to have a duller perch pattern for clear waters and spooky fish.
What do you prefer Dave bright or dull  (above)?

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

silverbutcher

Don't know about Dave, but I prefer the first one. It looks more perch like IMO.

Billy

Wildfisher

Both are crackers, but I too prefer the first one.

corsican dave

yep, me too. but the second one will create a bit more disturbance. should chug quite nicely  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

I actually like the second one better but I like my flies a bit more dandy! Both great tyings. This thread is really whizzing along just now, I've not had a chance to get the stuff out.....maybe tomorrow!

rannoch raider

Yeah, maybe less is more with the olive patterns. I do like a bit of orange in a pattern though, it's particularly striking when its sitting on the vice like a budgie ! :shock:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

This pike fly tying is quite addictive but I really need to get back to the saltwater sea trout patterns. Does anyone have a favourite fly for that sort of fishing for them ?

rannoch raider

Back to the coastal flies. One for when it's baltic in the Baltic! Vinterkiller variant.

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Lochan_load

corsican dave

yep, that should catch anything that swims  :8)

Go To Front Page