News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Quote from: corsican dave on January 19, 2016, 08:30:18 PM
do you want a lift to the airport, or not...?  :lol:

Good old British 4x4 will go where Japanese models fear to tread which of course, as we all know, is never airports.    :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on January 19, 2016, 08:34:02 PM
Good old British 4x4 will go where Japanese models fear to tread which of course, as we all know, is never airports.    :lol:
slick, Fred; slick... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Oakham Orange variant today. Supposedly good medicine for Scottish coastal sea troots. I think it's success is likely to be something to do with its shrimpy appearance so I've omitted the short stubby orange tail it usually gets and I've added longer and thicker than usual GP Tippets to add a wee suggestion of black eyes and feelers. Probably won't work at all now ! :lol:

[attachimg=1] 

loch coulter

nice tying and a wee variant of a soldier palmer for the broones maybe on a summers day? :8)

rannoch raider

Hanging out with a couple of big blondes tonight ! The platinum type  :lol:

[attachimg=1]

shad

Nice Jim, whats the wing material ? Im looking for something similar to polar bear and that looks very similar.

rannoch raider

Hi bud, the wing is angel hair. It's a very fine synthetic fibre available in various colours including this one which is a mix of white, pearl and has some blue 'ish' sparkle that's quite hard to see on photos. It is very mobile and doesn't absorb water. The tail and beard are arctic fox tied fairly meaty.

Lochan_load

Wing material looks good, what's the kind of hackles are the orange ones above? I need some decent ones, i bought a cape but the orange was too soft and the stems were really thick.......you pays your money you takes your chances on eBay  :roll:

rannoch raider

Hi Andy, the orange hackles are nothing special, just a cheap dyed indian cape. There won't be too many worthwhile feathers on it for palmering. I've bought a couple of decent capes for dries and a spey cape but I usually don't go overboard for dyed feathers for wets. It's probably better viewing or at least discussing what you want with sellers before buying.

Lochan_load

I usually buy cheap natural capes from eBay and dye them myself if there's a specific colour I need, for whatever reason I find some of the ones you buy coloured are pretty ropey. I've struggled to get decent teal blue and claret in the past so it was the best option. Might do the same with the hot orange but I see I have a pm.......

Go To Front Page