News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Very nice. The webby dressings must add a lot of life to these flies. I always think that flies tied in this style look a bit shrimpy in profile and that can only be a good thing for sea trout.

Lochan_load

I like that style, particularly the bottom one. I've been meaning to get the stuff out and tie something similar. I did this one the other day, a bugger to photo a bit like my all black dogs! It's an all black muddler, it just looks like a black blob but should give a good silhouette in the water
[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

always catch on those early season at scourie Andy. nice.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Nice muddler as always Andy, I'll bet it would do a good job on the bob and fished high in the water at night for the Leven sea trout. :wink:

Lochan_load

Funny enough I was just thinking about that  :D

rannoch raider

Well, you've had the beauty of a classic, must be time for a beast !

The 'Alive Borsteormsflue',  coastal sea trout ragworm pattern that has a great reputation. Probably one of the hardest things to tie I've done for a wee while. It does have great mobility though so hopefully worthwhile. 

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

troutmaddave

Hey rhubarb  thanks for the feedback, the rangers are true classics, tricky to tie but worth the effort. One day soon I'll move on to married wings!! Have to build myself up to it. Love the 2 flies you posted, especially the bottom one. Love the spey shape. It would make a great low water salmon fly, very killing.

troutmaddave

[attachimg=1]
This one is called the skirmisher. Tied on a size 4 Bartleet.

rannoch raider

That's a nice colour for a peaty water Dave. Can't go wrong for salmon with orange , yellow and black.

troutmaddave

[attachimg=1]
Tried again las night . This one much better overall shape and proportion. Better ribbing, topping, head. Sorry to show the same fly again, but I had to share this one!!

Go To Front Page