News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

free the bees

First time attaching... hope it works

free the bees

Quote from: Roobarb on January 29, 2016, 10:32:32 AM
Don't worry we won't get bored looking at this sort of stuff, another great but of tying :)

Almost! It took me about six weeks to get the hang of forum image uploads but then I am unusually dim!
Give us a bigger picture because the tying looks pretty good :)

Andy

I am useless with computers.. Hopefully this is better.  Picture slightly blurred

rannoch raider

Been thinking about a booby type fly fit for pike for a while now. Here's the mk 1 'Booby Roach. It's about 4 inches long tied on a Sakuma Manta 4/0 hook  ...........

[attachimg=1]
It's ballast comes from two foam booby eyes placed on the hook shank with most flotation on the upper side to make it suspend the correct way up;
[attachimg=2]
Close up
[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]
The ballast gives it a bit of volume and more realistic profile.

Fingers crossed !!! :lol:

JimJams

Now that is nice! Fished on a sinker slow retrieve has to be a winner!

corsican dave

should do the job nicely  :D i'm sure jack gartside would be proud of you :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Thanks guys, Has Jack Done something similar Dave?

Ah, Just found it, the wee floating minnow ? :8). There's nothing new in fishing or fly tying is there ! :lol:

loch coulter

Quote from: rannoch raider on January 24, 2016, 07:06:44 PM
I cannot believe that ! Certainly not the case here in the UK. Bullshit methinks.
think if you got to the kyle of Tongue you will maybe find it is not bullshit :roll:

rannoch raider

Quote from: loch coulter on January 30, 2016, 08:42:54 PM
think if you got to the kyle of Tongue you will maybe find it is not bullshit :roll:

You think so ? How many did the commercial netsmen catch and how many did the local bass anglers catch during the 2015 season ? There may be isolated areas where anglers abuse big shoals of small fish but these catches don't get close to the numbers taken by commercial fishermen.

troutmaddave

[attachimg=1]
This one has no name.
The dressing is from the 1894 Hardy's Ballina catalogue. I love the colours. This one is tied on a vintage size 3/0 short shank mustad limerick bend hook.

rannoch raider

Go To Front Page