News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

That's lovely Dave as always. Jim really enjoyed that video and the fly looks good, maybe Roobarb should be giving these out to his rods on uist  :worried

rannoch raider

I would love to see Roobarb's sea troot selection and any for the salt up there ?  :wink:

rannoch raider

Dave, that's a beautiful looking fly. The Green Highlander is one of those legendary flies I connect with old black and white photos showing his lordship standing in front of his 20 fish haul for the day !  :shock:
I honestly don't think I've ever seen a green coloured fly being fished in a river for salmon !

troutmaddave

Hi thanks for the kind comments, the GH really is a classic, along side the jock scoot and the ranger. Green coloured flies are quite popular over here in shrimp styles. I don't use trebles, I just don't like them, kinda ugly and mean looking if yoy know what I mean.  I need to practice the wing side a bit more, the bodies are pretty easy. I'm looking fir dyed Sean if anyone knows/has any?
Loving the forum by the way!!
Cheers
Dave

corsican dave

looks great Dave!  :D the golden pheasant topping behaved itself for that one  :lol: I would have no hesitation flinging that out, but I might want a wire tippet..... :wink:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

roberth

Perch imitation

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Very neat again Robert. That material looks the business. Do you think it has the density and properties required to build an elliptical type profile or just give the shoulders and back more height ?

Richardhb

I'm tying up some small mice patterns (size 2s long shank) for some big trout on my local river. Been reading they work not just at night, but during the day too. It's called the Rydare mouse is to tie, see YouTube..

Brown foam strip over a brown or black wound rabbit strip. Long rabbit skin tail, with hair removed. Think I will have to go up to a 5/6# rather than my normal 4#.

Richard.

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Go To Front Page