News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

I think the strong northerly wind will be my biggest problem on Friday. The area that I think will hold the fish will be open to the full strength of it. Wind has been the biggest issue in spring for the past few years, certainly in west central Scotland.

corsican dave

yep, I was going to risk it all on loch morlich tonight. within 5 mins of leaving work the wind had picked up again... :roll:
back to the tying, those fish mask heads certainly make the materials behave themselves nicely!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Yep. I wouldn't be without the fish masks Dave. Tied plenty without them, building up heads with uv resin, bonding eyes to feather and fibre ! A lot of hassle and extra weight when you can pop on the mask and get a perfect, very robust finish every time. Great platform for eyes too. They are a bit pricey but that's their only fault that I can see. They make my mediocre efforts look acceptable so I'm happy to pay a wee bit for that.

Francis

Bold, I know, not just for a dry fly man

rannoch raider

Hey Francis, What's the name of that one then ?

Francis

Quote from: rannoch raider on March 02, 2016, 12:14:41 AM
Hey Francis, What's the name of that one then ?

Well, just one guess ...
But the orientation is non my fault - have to get used to that software ;-)

corsican dave

'mon the bla-bass!  :8)[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

JimJams

That's Bonny Dave! What did you use for the tail?

corsican dave

cheers Jamie!  :D some hollow braided leader with a bit of 30lb nylon shoved through the middle. sealed the end with a flame, used some marker pens to colour it, then finished it off with a light coating of bug-bond. I haven't had a beer tonight, so feck knows how I came up with that idea.... :lol:

corsican dave

this one's got "carp" written all over it
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page