News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: shad on April 06, 2016, 12:05:36 PM
No rabbit strip carp flies Dave? had most of my fish on that last spring.
yep, there's a couple tucked away in the box on the right. probably one of yours to be honest  :lol: I've nailed my colours to the mast of the woolly bugger and those shell-backed marabou things you can see. and the grasshoppers, of course. worked last time, but I know I can rely on you and Fred to keep me topped up!  :wink:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

lnelson20

Psycho ants
c.nelson

corsican dave

they'd do the job very nicely, actually.... :D
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

corsican dave

okay Colin, you kinda shamed me into it. I don't feel under-gunned any more:
[attachimg=1]
bit fiddly, these size 6s.... :lol:

Lochan_load

Jealous of your trip away, sunshine and fish....sounds good to me!
Junction shrimp tube
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Another junction shrimp, this time done kind of Francis style
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

I can just picture those wee orange rabbit bugs twitching along a sand lake bed and getting snaffled by something enormous. I will be thinking of you three as I stand baw deep and chittering in some freezing loch wiping the snotters from my running nose with my fleece mitts.   :(
Good luck, hope you all get a few fish.

corsican dave

Quote from: rannoch raider on April 08, 2016, 01:44:03 PM
I can just picture those wee orange rabbit bugs twitching along a sand lake bed and getting snaffled by something enormous. I will be thinking of you three as I stand baw deep and chittering in some freezing loch wiping the snotters from my running nose with my fleece mitts.   :(
Good luck, hope you all get a few fish.
thank you Jim!  :D

rannoch raider

Quote from: Lochan_load on April 08, 2016, 01:00:37 PM
Another junction shrimp, this time done kind of Francis style
[attachimg=1]

Nice Andy, very tidy. I've tied a few 'white wing' patterns in the past including the original Junction Shrimp and the Tri colour. They are easy on the eye, look good in the box and I've read that they are a good option in failing light into darkness. This might be the case but it does sort of go against the commonly held belief that black is the best colour for failing light into the dark. I've never had enough belief in them to actually fish one of these white wing flies. They are as new as the day I tied them. I would guess most of us have loads of patterns in our boxes that fall into this category.  Maybe I should be a wee bit more adventurous with fly choice :).

It would be interesting to hear what people would choose if they were limited to using only three flies for spring, three for summer grilse and three for Autumn ?

JimJams

Well aware the hackle is far too long but I was bored and fancied playing around!

Go To Front Page