News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Shit at wings, pleased with this one[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Nice one! That might get you a Uist Sea Troot!

bibio1

Quote from: Lochan_load on August 15, 2016, 10:55:20 PM
Shit at wings, pleased with this one[attachimg=1]

So am I.try using half the material. It makes a biiiiiig difference.

It's still a stunning flee.

Lochan_load

Cheers, I'll give that a bash,  I was trying putting a central wing with a slip down either side, worked ok but lots of material to try and keep neat. I find the best technique is just to avoid tying winged flies altogether  :lol:

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on August 16, 2016, 12:52:07 AM
Cheers, I'll give that a bash,  I was trying putting a central wing with a slip down either side, worked ok but lots of material to try and keep neat. I find the best technique is just to avoid tying winged flies altogether  :lol:
I think it's great  :D I've certainly bought far worse. with you on the wings thing, especially paired ones  :lol:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

I think your wing looks good on that!  However I tend to agree with your quote when im tying flees
QuoteI find the best technique is just to avoid tying winged flies altogether

Lochan_load

I'll do a teal, mallard or a hair wing. Paired wings are dead to me! Too many alternatives and they don't last when you're fishing, having said that they do look nice  :gay4

roberth

Made from artificial grubs I received as a holiday gift from a family member years ago! Not for the purist.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

roberth

Quote from: admin on August 18, 2016, 07:35:32 PM
A flee's a flee  for a' that!   :D

Well they will be fished under a sort of float!

Go To Front Page