News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bibio1

Quote from: roberth on August 18, 2016, 06:57:57 PM
Made from artificial grubs I received as a holiday gift from a family member years ago! Not for the purist.

[attachimg=1]

Oh dear :crap

roberth

Quote from: bibio1 on August 18, 2016, 07:54:09 PM
Oh dear :crap

These are the sinking grubs, stay tuned for the floaters!

bibio1

I know you fish the Clyde so there's a Clyde style fly tying. But those grubs are dumbarton style tying.

roberth

Quote from: bibio1 on August 18, 2016, 10:57:38 PM
I know you fish the Clyde so there's a Clyde style fly tying. But those grubs are dumbarton style tying.

I attempt to fish the Clyde, it's the most frustrating place I've ever been. I need some local knowledge or divine intervention!

Clan Chief

I'm often inspired by Davie McPhail's tying demos on youtube especially traditional wet patterns. His latest fly tying demo which I watched today was no different. It was a variation of an old Irish pattern called the Ballinderry.
Therefore I decided to have a go at tying my version.I'm not great with wings but was pleased with how this turned out. I'm hoping that the Hebridean trout will like em!

JimJams

Pretty pattern, what kind of hook is that?

Clan Chief

Lochan_load

Nice Alan, think it's just a case of persevering when it comes to wings. I'm away this week but home tomorrow, considering buying a new box and starting again  :shock: ....just don't know if I have time

bibio1

That's a lovely flee. The traditional wings are becoming a dying art

rannoch raider

Very nice. The Irish patterns always do well over here. I'm a big fan of the Connemara Black.

Go To Front Page