News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergie

Those top ones look like they could do the biz for the Grayling too. :D

Lochan_load

Lovely clarets Alan! Those grizzly worms would probably do well for the trout as well.

Lochan_load

A wee shrimpy number, 10 double[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

From above, the tail is just a wound golden pheasant shoulder (hot orange) same as you would use in a crippler, gives a good effect [attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Liked this one so did a couple more, it's an easy tie but comes out well
[attachimg=1]

Tyro

Quote from: Lochan_load on September 21, 2016, 04:36:45 PM
Liked this one so did a couple more, it's an easy tie but comes out well
[attachimg=1]

Would be more than happy to fish with that fly.

Len

Wildfisher

Cracking flies Andy. You have developed into a great fly tier.

bibio1

Quote from: admin on September 22, 2016, 01:19:10 PM
Cracking flies Andy. You have developed into a great fly tier.

Not half

Clan Chief

Today I acquired a new tying lamp which my mate got me, it's a big f***O** industrial looking thing but is a great light.
I had asked my mate if he could get me a clamp for my current light as my wife threw the damn thing out out months ago whilst having a clear out. My mate doesn't do things by half measures and got me this new lamp. God knows what my wife will make of it when she comes home from work and sees it.
Anyway I digress.
Whilst on Stravaig last week some of us tied in the evening and I recall Robbie tying a a nice pattern, however I can't recall exactly what materials were used, although I remember he used yellow straggle fritz.
So having got this new lamp in the last hour I thought I would tie some flees and in particular something using straggle fritz.
Here's the first one. Oh and this light appears to be great for taking pics too.

corsican dave

funnily enough, I've been playing with straggle chenille this evening, too  :8)
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Go To Front Page