News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

some head-standing blood-wormy type things
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Love that wee mallard wing one Robbie nice and sleek, would be ideal pin fry representation. Dave does that sit on the bottom or is it buoyant enough to be fished with a sinking line like a booby? Bet it would be deadly like that. Just stocking my box after uist, it took a battering but more from anglers than fish! Claret dabblers [attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Jeezo! those are braw, More inspiration!

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on September 24, 2016, 09:00:24 PM
Dave does that sit on the bottom or is it buoyant enough to be fished with a sinking line like a booby? Bet it would be deadly like that.
sits on the bottom and makes wee puffs of silt if you twitch it. you need to see the "flats" in Extremadura to get the idea.
but you've got me thinking;plastic bead chain eyes and a booby foam tail would do the trick. i'm off to the lab... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Clan Chief

Saturday night and I'm in the house flytying! This is the best from my vice tonight.

Size 10 hook
Black thread
tippet tail
yeĺlowish possum body
copper rib
amber body hackle
french patridge collar hackle

rannoch raider

Very nice it is too. It has an Irish Mayfly look about it.

Robbie

Hopefully this pic shoqs the flies a bit better:
[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Good stuff Robbie. I've been tying again today. 

Size 12 hook
Black thread
Tippet tail
Mirage tinsel body
Silver wire rib
Black body hackle
Partridge collar hackle.

Hopefully get a chance to give these a cast before the season ends.

Lochan_load

A couple after work for me too, inspired by the yellow/French partridge of robbies ans another dabbler for the box[attachimg=1]

Bobfly

It has often been said with flies that there is nowt new under the sun .... and I was reminded of that when looking at the very first fly in the picture in the first entry on page one in this topic dated October in 2008 from Clan Chief ... a nice soft olive yellow partridge fly  :D :D
Always worth a swim !!
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page