News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergie

Lochan_load

Cheers, kind words appreciated as always.
The tinsel for the body is called peacock Vaughan, it's a uni-Mylar. It's quite a dark green pearly kind of colour. Sticklebacky....if that's a word :D

Lochan_load

I put in a lot of effort to ensure my flies are OK  :roll:  :lol:

Cheers Andy, very kind

crestie

Andy, the pearl & red (peacock) dabblers and the dunkeld's look amazing, they are so well tied. I am sure that the silver & red dabblers will look just as good. I am sure that they will catch a lot of trout for me next season.

George

corsican dave

something autumnal. wouldn't want to be accused of a lack of ambition
[attachimg=1]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

I had to scroll right to see all of that!  :lol: big is beautiful and it'll definitely get noticed with the orange and white. Probably sick of looking at these but really pleased with how this silver dabbler has turned out, the profile is just what I like [attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And on a slightly different note i tied this, never fished for grayling much but when I did it was with this fly when I was a young lad, first fly I remember tying and doing well with, brown hackle for tail and hackle and seals fur and summer duck wing (although at the time I probably used teal) makes me a bit nostalgic looking at it [attachimg=1]

crestie

Hi Andy,

that silver & red dabbler looks like it would catch a lot of trout.

George

Lochan_load

I know it's a long way off but tied a wet mayfly, on reflection I think it should have more tail but we all make mistakes.....just look at America  :shock:
[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

I tied a few Donalds up this morning. 

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page