News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loch coulter

found the tying for these on u tube, think they might be ok for brownies and maybe sea trout.

rannoch raider

loch coulter

Quote from: Roobarb on January 29, 2017, 04:15:17 PM
I like the look of those. Small ones (12's and 14's) for trout on the buzzers and slightly bigger ones for sea trout. Do you have the tying?

Andy
red thread for tag, black thread body with lurex rib and then covered with thin coat of uv resin to help protect the body, blue lightbright for the thorax and i have used black cock for the hackle, hen might be a better option. look up Mac  flies on u tube, he ties some nice flies.

Robbie

Quote from: johnny boy on January 29, 2017, 03:16:36 PM
Robbie, do you find your Donegal blues rib is a tad fragile,I prefer the look of flat tinsel but end up tying with a heavy oval tinsel,it doesn't  look that bad as it blends into the dubbed body well.

One of my top 3 sea trout flies, especially in smaller sizes

First time I've tied these and have similar concerns over durability of the rib. But it's a quick tie so not real trouble in churning out a few. Will give heavy oval a go though.

Billy

Quote from: loch coulter on January 29, 2017, 03:37:59 PM
found the tying for these on u tube, think they might be ok for brownies and maybe sea trout.

Similar to my red arsed spider that I tie.

Billy

Robbie

You could probably get away with using hard as nails instead of the resin, just have to wait a bit for it to dry.

loch coulter

Quote from: Roobarb on January 29, 2017, 06:53:20 PM
Cheers :)
I'm not really a fan of UV resin and glues (too lazy) bu the colour scheme is something I will try for sure.

Andy
just use silver wire or tinsel.

Norscot

You want to be looking for MAK-flies operated by Arshad Khan who sells his flies on Ebay.  He's a very talented fly tyer and he also has a YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDcefaho8uvkV8asL_sQdPQ
It's well worth a look if you get the chance.

loch coulter

similar colours to the connemara black, b160 size 10, black thread, red tinsel for the tag,silver wire rib, black hackle at front and dyed blue grizzle at the head.

Lochan_load

A good colour combo on that 👍🏻
Starting some teal, blue and silvers [attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page