News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

The wee yellow tag looks like a good trigger point, I'll be giving it a go too!

loch coulter

some Kates, cant get the hang of taking a half decent photo! any help would be appreciated, camera is a pentax optio vs 20 optical20x zoom.

Wildfisher

You just have to get the subject lit a bit better Tommy. Try moving beside a window or use the flash on your camera. Better to have a blank background, light grey or light blue card works well.

loch coulter

Quote from: admin on February 02, 2017, 04:49:27 PM
You just have to get the subject lit a bit better Tommy. Try moving beside a window or use the flash on your camera. Better to have a blank background, light grey or light blue card works well.
Cheers Fred, will try this.

corsican dave

not that mine are brilliant, but i use a piece of black foam, a4 from the craft shop, same stuff i use for fleas, as my background. it reflects a certain amount of light without glare or shadows. i also make sure my camera (a compact) is resting on something and use the timer function so there's no shake. try it with the timer & without and then zoom in on the image. you'll be amazed at the difference.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

loch coulter

Quote from: corsican dave on February 02, 2017, 07:46:50 PM
not that mine are brilliant, but i use a piece of black foam, a4 from the craft shop, same stuff i use for fleas, as my background. it reflects a certain amount of light without glare or shadows. i also make sure my camera (a compact) is resting on something and use the timer function so there's no shake. try it with the timer & without and then zoom in on the image. you'll be amazed at the difference.
thanks Dave,will have a look for a timer option.

Lochan_load

I just put them on my hand under my tying lamp and then crop down to size, use my phone.
A few bibios, so simple but great wee fly [attachimg=1]

JimJams

My favourite fly of all time. Nice tying!

bibio1

That fly , a kate mclaren and a brown palmer are all you need for a cast.

Bobfly

I would not worry Andy ........... the fish don't have glasses   :D :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Go To Front Page