News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

rannoch raider

Functional and elegant, a Lovely fly! I would love a peek inside the fly boxes of the river men on here. it would be great to see your top 5 Fred ? Alex (haresear) and a few others  ?

Wildfisher

Thanks guys, very simple to tie like most of the flies I use. 

Jim, a "photos of your fly box"  would make a great topic. I'll look into that.

Bobfly

That would mean that we will be posting 10 photos each !!!!!  :( :( :(
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Wildfisher

I have 2 boxes. One with river wets and a few loch flies, one with dries. I have a third small box with streamers. Even that is too much You really do not need loads of flies.

rannoch raider

Thinking about patterns for loch Garry. I'm guessing the big browns in there must be fond of a minnow or two so thought I'd try to knock up something that might do the trick ? This is Mk 1  :lol:
I think a wee touch of yellow on the belly and a smaller eye would make for more realism but I like the big eye as a trigger point ? Oh,  the hook will be barbless before it goes in the water (if it makes the cut )

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Lochan_load

Brilliant! Had a good day for pike on Garry with a tube fly with a black lateral and grey either side, that fly is similar in style to the one that got me a big brownie ( which broke me eventually 😩) but it was in much more vibrant colours. The flies you put up the other day will do you well too

rannoch raider

Here's a 'wee' black and silver grey tube hot off the vice Andy. The hook on this can ride point up in the dressing. Was your successful pattern tied in this style or hollow tied ?

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Not a fly yet...............

[attachimg=1]

This chap is a Troll, he was once the property of my Grand Daughter who lost him in mysterious circumstances  :whistle2 . He had a name but it didn't suit him so I've re named him 'Chartreuse Clouser Head'.  :wink:

Lochan_load

That's deadly looking jim, the one I was talking about was tied with fox tail and a few bits of flash in a dubbing loop to give the teardrop shape with little weight. Very much like the ones on the Garry website but I wouldn't worry too much about that, yours will fish as well as anything! Much better than the stuff I was throwing at them.

Go To Front Page