News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

Some 'dinks' size 18 jigs so more like a 16-14 [attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

corsican dave

scourie special: a modified carp pattern for trout. hopefully. rob kolanda's bellycrawl caught more than half of my carp last year. it's basically a fairly funky deep swimming nymph. this one's tied on a 2x long-shank 12 with the idea of tempting, well, anything at all really looking at the forecast for next week!  :lol:
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Robbie

Given the forecast is as good a bet as anything, big enough to be worth the effort of chasing.

corsican dave

Quote from: Robbie on April 22, 2017, 08:30:46 PM
Given the forecast is as good a bet as anything, big enough to be worth the effort of chasing.
cheers Robbie  :8) i thought the size 4 or 6 original was maybe a tad OTT....
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

rannoch raider

Don't see why that wouldn't catch trout Dave. A big black Wooly Bugger or Montans with rubber legs does ! I take it the hump back is weighted ?

corsican dave

it's a tungsten shrimp body. sorry, the first photo wasn't too good. gotta watch it when you're casting; possible rod killer...

Inverguseran

Bob Wyatt's Deer Hair Emerger.

Lochan_load

I'll be doing a couple of those myself today! Tungsten nymph to start though......[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Couple of deer hair sedges, one ginger, one olive
[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page