News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Nice Fred . I've never done one either. Do you need a gallows tool for that ?

Wildfisher

Lochan_load

I've tied one before Fred but can't remember how i did it  :roll: didn't use any tool though. Inspired by Alex's exploits with black gnats I've tied these, black thread, superglue and a grizzle hackle on a tiny buzzer hook...[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

And a proper fly  :lol: invicta bumble

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Klinkhamer tied paraloop style. Not easy to do and utterly pointless as the end  result is pretty much  the same as tying it conventionally. :) 

[attachimg=1]

bibio1

Agreed, good concept but largely pointless. They may be a Wee bit.more robust though.

Great flies guys.....im going to crack open the vice this afternoon....might also have a few half's.

Cheers

Paul

Wildfisher

Paraloop Dirty Duster. The method works great for this style of fly, better imo than clipping a standard wound hackle and pretty easy to achieve if you have a gallows tool. It really sits well on the water and floats like a cork.

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Very nice Fred. I think the hackle is 'fuller' in some way done in that style. I've got a gallows tool but haven't been near it in years. I'll need to dust it down and give them a go.

Wildfisher

Quote from: rannoch raider on May 20, 2017, 12:33:52 PM
I think the hackle is 'fuller' in some way done in that style.

For sure, that was what struck me too. The fly is also likely to be much more robust.

Lochan_load

Quote from: bibio1 on May 20, 2017, 12:04:30 PM
Great flies guys.....im going to crack open the vice this afternoon....might also have a few half's.

Sounds like a plan!  :D

Go To Front Page