News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

The olive one is a spinner btw hence the angle of the aero wing and I'll prob trim the hackle on the bottom flush before I use them.

rannoch raider

Very nice Andy , now all you have to do is to compress that dressing into a size 22 !  :shock: . I've never seen that synthetic quill before. It looks like it could be quite useful for ribbing in particular. Could I ask where you found it ?

Robbie

All great flies, looks like the river trout are going to take a hammering soon.

I have some small hooks on order, might get to have a play before the weekend.

Lochan_load

Hopefully tomorrow robbie  :D

It's veniard stuff jim, got it at GAC. It's not bad but think a 14 would be about the limit as it's a lot thicker than natural stuff, doesn't snap just as you are about to tie it off!

rannoch raider

Thanks Andy, I've found it, it seems to be in stock everywhere. I've never noticed before. I need to get myself up to speed with what's out there for modern trout fly tying! :)

Lochan_load

I just saw it when I was in there, I'd be interested to hear of anyone has used any other synthetic ones, think hends do one

scoobyscott

Back at it again
[attachimg=1]

Robbie

My new hooks arrived yesterday, just managed to grab 15mins for a quick play. Smallest hook is a 24, don't fancy trying anything too elaborate on these! Something simple was not too bad:

[attachimg=1]

Also tied up snow shoe emerges in 16, 18 and 20.

[attachimg=2]

scoobyscott

Nice work... simple is key I think with such small hooks

Wildfisher

Go To Front Page